Train the Trainer
Participants of this interactive course are multidisciplinary teams of physicians, nurses and other advanced care providers with no or limited formal education on the topics of education science, simulation design, and debriefing. M Simulation staff lay an educational framework for the participants on the utilization of active learning principles using simulation as an invaluable tool for instruction.
The gaps we address are:
- deficient knowledge of education theory
- techniques of good pre-briefing and debriefing
- simulation development and implementation
- methods of assessment of learners, instructors and coursework
- methods and techniques to enhance feedback
Participants increase knowledge of education theory, demonstrate behaviors of good debriefing techniques, and develop a simulation scenario with all the needed assessment materials. This will allow integration of simulation for education and enhanced opportunities for active learning in the current curriculum.